Sunday, January 3, 2010

Search God in "Avatar"


Looking at the film Avatar from the truth of God’s Word will reveal hidden messages within the movie. The writer of this film might have done it intentionally or not, but the truth remains that as viewers, believers, and doers of Gods Word we’re able to hear him speaking to us through this film.

This is the dilemma that the protagonist Corporal faces as he enters the world of Avatar. He initially goes in as part of the Colonels mission, but soon realizes who the evil one is. The sinners in this film are the Colonel and his gang. They go to shed innocent blood on a race of people that do the humans no harm all because of the precious goods there land posses. They murder them cold blooded for riches. This is exactly what God warns us about in Proverbs 1:10 when he says,
“My son, if sinners entice you,
do not consent.
11 If they say, “Come with us, let us lie in wait for blood;
let us ambush the innocent without reason…13 we shall find all precious goods,
we shall fill our houses with plunder…”

Although God wasn’t speaking to the protagonist he is speaking to us, his children, the believers of the Gospel. This is overlooked in the film. Gods Word stands is can be seen by his children If we search for it. The validity of his word is in plain sight to those who believe. Could God be ministering to his children through this film? Continue to read pray about it and you decide. Know that in order to view films in a way that we can see God's Word Made Manifest we must have knowledge about God's Word. We must have a relationship with him. That's the beauty of searching for God because everyone has there on experiences with him and can share new insights. Hidden messages not intentionally put there by the screen writer, but intentionally put there by God himself.

One must transform the way they view cinema and Look for God in it.
In one way the film and decisions made by Corporal can be looked at as scripted and of his own. But look again. Line up his decisions with the Word of God. Is God speaking to him? And if so is he also speaking through him to us? Corporal decides to fight against the EVIL one or the Colonel and his army. God say’s in proverbs 15 “my son, do not walk in the way with them;
hold back your foot from their paths” This is exactly what Corporal does when he realizes that these people have souls and it would be wrong to kill them for no reason.

16 for their feet run to evil,
and they make haste to shed blood”

Countless times the evil Colonel tries to take the Avatar by force while Corporal tries to by more time and make peace. Colonel is driven by money, rage, war, and blood shed.

17 For in vain is a net spread
in the sight of any bird,
18 but these men lie in wait for their own blood;
they set an ambush for their own lives.


Colonel and his army thought they would bomb the Avatar people get their gold and leave. Just like that shed innocent blood and make a fortune. WRONG. God say’s in the next verse,

19 Such are the ways of everyone who is greedy for unjust gain; it takes away the life of its possessors”

What happened to Colonel at the end of the film? HE dies as well as the rest of his army with only a few remaining. They went against God’s Law. They were greedy of gain and suffered the consequences. They sought to take life, but instead they’re lives were taken.

Now with this same mentality let’s look at what God is has to say about the protagonist (Corporal) based off his Word.

13 Blessed is the one who finds wisdom, and the one who gets understanding,
14 for the gain from her is better than gain from silver and her profit better than gold.
15 She is more precious than jewels, and nothing you desire can compare with her.
16 Long life is in her right hand; in her left hand are riches and honor.
17 Her ways are ways of pleasantness, and all her paths are peace.
18 She is a tree of life to those who lay hold of her; those who hold her fast are called blessed”

Corporal makes the decision to side with the Avatar based off of Wisdom. He chooses to stand by the Avatar instead of his own human race. God calls this man Blessed because he chose to walk in the way of wisdom and remove his foot from the evil path. God say’s that the gain of wisdom is better than gold and silver. HE gained wisdom by learning the culture of the Avatar an saw them as his own. Colonel on the other hand remained ignorant although the scientists as well as the protagonist try to give him some insight. He becomes the great warrior of the land and is honored and respected by all who dwell therin. He was first an outcast, but because he chose wisdom over silver he became honored. Wow if God isn’t speaking in this movie than I don’t know who is.

Although this film speaks about Demi gods we as Christians need to look past that and hold on to the morals of the one and true Living God, Jesus Christ.

In my efforts not to bore you all to death I cut it short, but part 2 will be posted soon. Also this is what the book “See God Daily” is about. It’s about transforming our minds to search for the God who sought us not only in film, but other mediums of entertainment as well. Remember he is Omnipotent and Omnipresent. I would love to hear your ideas and anything else you would like to say. God Bless.

2 comments:

  1. You know while watching the movie, I found myself asking several religious questions, and I saw god in it in many way's. But this was a great breakdown of the movie, I think you really put it exactly how I saw it. I dont know about others, but the clash between good and evil was definitely prevalant and although they had diffeent beleifs, the heavy influence of a higher power (God) was the driving factor of their freedom and his enlightment. Thanks for the good read

    ReplyDelete
  2. The scriptures you quoted are correct and God is everywhere and you can find him everywhere ,However I have seen corn in poop in the toilet I choose not to get my corn there or seek it there !!!!:) Psa 139:7 Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
    Psa 139:8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.
    Psa 139:9 If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;
    Psa 139:10 Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.
    Psa 139:11 If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me.
    Psa 139:12 Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee.
    Psa 139:13 For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.
    Psa 139:14 I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
    Psa 139:15 My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
    Psa 139:16 Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.
    Psa 139:17 How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!

    ReplyDelete