Monday, January 11, 2010

The Fear of the LORD


When you ask God to direct your steps trust that he will. While on twitter I received a tweet from a woman of God named Tiara. She let me know about a people on fire for the Lord Jesus Christ, a group of evangelists by the name of RAVEN. From the link she gave me I was directed to the website "Big Grace.com". While on this site I felt a moving in the spirit that told me to listen to one of this mans sermons. The sermon I clicked on revealed to me this message:

"Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord we Persuade men

My persuasion will be equal to my revelation of the terror of the Lord

When I know the terror of the Lord I will be persuasive to Men

Tremble in repentance or tremble in fear for the judgment of God"

Upon hearing this message I felt God telling me to "Write the vision and make it Plain". We all like to speak about the mercy and love of God, but we seldom speak about his wrath as if it's not there.

The coldest winter in my life was the winter of 2008. 2008 is the year the Lord showed up in my life although he's been there the whole time. Jeremiah 1:5 "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee..." This was a divine year for me where I couldn't deny the power of God.

Around this time I smoked a lot of marijuana and it was good for me...at least this is what I thought. Sometimes the things we think are good for us GOD doesn't want in our life and this was one of them. I know this because things began steadily change. Things began to happen to happen spiritually that I never thought possible before. These occurrences happened only when I smoked to the point where I promised God I wouldn't smoke anymore.

Needless to say I broke my promise with God and the world where I left from I fell right back into. In this spiritual realm I couldn't speak to God, my prayer fell short and everything that happened on television pointed directly to hell. Where was I? I didn't stick around to find out so I left my dwelling and walked around until I came to this window that had writing in red. "Kill Murder". These words effected me greatly.

Some days passed and I stopped smoking, but my woes didn't stop there. What had been happening in the spiritual realm while I smoked soon transpired to the world in which we live in. Although I tried to seek advice and counseling from both God fearing and non God fearing people I couldn't get an answer. Nobody knew what I was going through and I couldn't expect them to because neither did I. I was in fact experiencing a place the human mind doesn't go alone. Many people have been there Son of Sam, Eric Harris, Cho Seung-Hui and many others. I was lost in a lonely place that few people ever come to. I was stranded on an island left there to die. How I got there I knew not, how I would get off I knew not. I knew nothing. Alone in the dark satan tempted me, but God had another plan. It is with this experience and God's grace that the short film titled "Lost and Found" was created.

What the enemy uses to destroy you God will use for you. In the midst of this situation I found the nerve to disobey God yet again and smoke Marijuana knowing the consequences thereof, more than what I speak now. His wrath and Mercy were revealed to me this day unconventionally. In a way I never dreamed, imagined, or thought possible. Because I didn't have the fear of the LORD and turn away from marijuana and thought it better to disobey him and provoke him to anger and I FEARED the Lord - I trembled in his presence and hoped for mercy.

Jer 5:22 (NIV) "Should you not fear me?" declares the Lord. "Should you not tremble in my presence?"

2 Cor 5:11 (NIV) Since, then, we know what it is to fear the Lord, we try to persuade men...

Ps 34:11 (NEB) Come, my children, listen to me; I will teach you the fear of the Lord.

Mat 10:28 (NIV) [Jesus] "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the one who can destroy both soul and body in hell."

Ps 111:10 (NEB) The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and they who live by it grow in understanding...

To Be Continued...


1 comment:

  1. Raymond, this is breath taking and inspiring. With every bit of truth. Thanks because I share the same testimony, or similar should i say. But God's plans for us are perfect, stay tuned on my blog. This is your main man, AFRIKA.

    ReplyDelete