Tuesday, January 5, 2010

God Uses You to Represent Him


While at a meeting I had the privilege of meeting this great photographer. He has lived an accomplished life: Author of 10 extraordinary books and fantastic artwork. After the meeting we still had some things to discuss so he suggested that I stop by his studio. I believe the Lord allows things to happen for a reason so I accepted his offer and I followed behind him in my car.

I parked my car and entered the front door of his studio. I wasn’t surprised to see tons of breathless artwork and a desk filled with many papers because after all, this guy is well known in the town. Our discussion continued on to his office where I took a seat. To my far left over my shoulder there hung a picture of the last supper. Directly in front of me where the Artist sat there hung a picture of Jesus Christ. Seeing this I rejoiced in the spirit and asked the man if he believed in Jesus Christ. Hearing this he replied, “Yea I think he was an alien”. I laughed because I thought it was a joke. So I ask him if he was serious and he say’s “Yes I’m serious” and explains to me his reasoning.

While he spoke I looked up at the picture that was placed directly above the chair he sat in. Jesus stared directly at me, but the photographer didn’t notice him because he had his back toward him. It all came together after that. I thought to myself “Hey I’m Gods representative”. My friend don’t you know you are God’s Representative! He doesn’t have to part waters for every one; he showed you his might so that you may have the faith to bring another to Christ. Truth be told, God led me from ENYFA to Binghamton in part to share my faith with this elderly man. Isn’t God Good? He is the director of all steps. We both though we we’re going to his studio to discuss art and future plan, BUT GOD had another Idea. It was a DIVINE APPOINMENT!

I did a silent prayer and asked the Lord to give me the words to minister to this man without coming across as proud or having a spirit of ‘I’m right your wrong’. The Lord placed parables on my tongue to minister to him with. Not only that, but he also placed on my heart to share some of my testimony with him.

I told him that since I was in foster care the Lord has always placed people in my life to get me to the next level in where God wanted me to be. I spoke to him about a woman whom we both knew named Laura, a woman whom he had just met. While in the meeting earlier he complimented her on her dedication and enthusiasm. She then went on to say she’s the only one at her job with it. I explained to him the first time I met her I said to her, “I know you’re the best at what you do. I know you go above and beyond for your clients because God places these people in my life”. I was able to call it right off the back because of God’s Grace. Needless to say she goes out of her way for her clients beyond the job description you name it. Not only that she tells me that she doesn’t take walk ins, but decided to take me before her way out. DIVINE APPOINTMENT.

I shared this with the elderly artist and like his photography career “He got the picture”. We laughed and peace entered my spirit. It was as if God was telling me “I’ll take it from here”. I ask that you all pray for this man call him "The artist" God will know who you're talking about;)

My friend God will move you to a place where he can use you. With that said the same way a country chooses a leader to represent them in the UN God chooses us to represent his Kingdom in the world- Go out and Represent God



No comments:

Post a Comment